Ottawa Volunteer Firefighter
Applicants must hold the next minimal qualifications:
- All individuals must certanly be 18 many years or older at period of application.
- All applicants need a valid G Ontario driver’s permit at time of application.
- All applicants must live or work with a place offered by a volunteer fire station.
The Ottawa Fire providers may ask for extra skills within their applications.
Just how to use
- Vars Fire Facility (#73) 6090 Rockdale Rd. - Office 613-835-1682
- Stittsville Fire Station (#81) 1643 Main St. - Officer 613-836-3337
- Manotick Fire Station (#94) 5669 Manotick Main St. - Workplace 613-692-3301
- Carp Fire Station (#64) 475 Donald B. Munro Dr. - Workplace 613-580-2424 X32260
Applications won't be accepted at some other Ottawa Fire providers facilities.
Overview of Duties
- In charge of all fire suppression obligations required to conserve lives and residential property. Combat, extinguish and/or prevent fires by rapidly and efficiently doing varied obligations as needed under disaster problems
- Supply emergency health response and aid; perform rescue/extrication businesses in which essential to prevent lack of life or additional injury from any cause.
- Offer service assistance to: authorities, paramedics as well as the public.
- In charge of station upkeep and upkeep of firefighting equipment and fire department home.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining skills/knowledge and real requirements to present criteria.
- Complete tasks in fire avoidance, public education as assigned.
- Responds to disaster calls.
- Drives and/or works any vehicle or equipment as assigned.
- Executes multiple relief related obligations to safeguard the public and lessen extent of accidents.
- Lays and links hose; keeps nozzles and directs questionable liquid streams, raises; climbs and works from ladders and utilizes or operates all equipment of controlling and placing out fires or other incidents.
- Wears air mask and complete protective clothing while working in noxious and/or smoke-filled environments.
- Ventilates buildings or areas to discharge temperature, smoke or fumes.
- Places addresses to protect property and steer clear of water damage and mold.
- Performs renovation businesses in order to make sure that the fire has been completely extinguished.
- Drives, inspections protection of instant area, brings required medical equipment.
- Assesses situation/victim if you take medical background, aesthetic and vital indications.
- Conducts proper intervention, including CPR, various other first-aid as required.
- Assists paramedics - conveys information, lifts and carries customers, etc.
- Manages crowd/bystanders/victim's loved ones, etc.
Various Other Emergencies
- Executes a variety of relief relevant responsibilities to safeguard the public and lessen severity of accidents related to car accidents, restricted space entrapment, water dangers, manufacturing accidents, situations involving hazardous materials, etc.
- Assesses and performs extrication of target's in automobile accidents.
- Performs various upkeep responsibilities to apparatus, equipment and division home.
- Participates in departmental instruction programs is proficient, knowledgeable or over currently with gear and processes for fire combat, health also emergencies.
- Participates in public relations projects involving visits, demonstrations, parades, etc. as directed.
- Helps with on the job training of various other firefighters.
- Performs various other responsibilities as assigned.
Volunteer recruitment process is made from the following stages:
- Applications are acknowledged and kept on file pending the stuffing of vacancies. People are selected from those that work or reside in close proximity to the volunteer stations with vacancies.
Safety Check/Driver Profile
Safety check always - present criminal records look for vulnerable sector
Driver's Abstract - A 5 year abstract, available at any Service Ontario Center
Candidate Bodily Ability Test (CPAT)
- All volunteer Firefighter recruits are required to accomplish a real capability test. The CPAT procedure should be made use of as an assessment tool to determine any weaknesses the prospect may have in doing work relevant responsibilities and determine if those troublesome areas can be overcome throughout the applicant's probation education duration.