How to become a Firefighter in Michigan?
Begin your trip through getting no-cost information about firefighter programs towards you:
For over 35 many years, Keiser University has actually maintained a practical, hands-on approach to position education to simply help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered strategy stays at first step toward the Keiser University goal and continues to entice students which choose a more private learning knowledge.
- Connect of Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Public Safety Management
- Connect of Arts in Criminal Justice
Give your job a good start with a training from Southern brand new Hampshire University. We provide certificates, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels in over 100 programs in numerous topics.
- MS Control - Emergency Control
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security focus
- BS Criminal Justice - Human Services
Matching School Ad
• about 18 years of age
• Dual Firefighter I/Firefighter II official certification
Most regional fire departments require also an emotional assessment, actual agility test, and oral meeting, medication display screen, and physical checkup.
Completion of Firefighter I (“FFI-I”) and Firefighter II (“FF-II) pre-certification training at an OFFT- accepted local facility. Courses typically last between 7 and 11 weeks and include here topics:
• kinds of fires
• Firefighting statutory and regulation provisions
• Water fire streams
• Safety procedures
• Professional extrication of entrapped fire sufferer – FF-II
• Professional determination of fire beginning and causation – FF-II
Firefighter Official Certification:
FFI-I and FFI-II official certification exams are really two split tests: theoretical knowledge and useful abilities tests. The former is composed of 200 concerns and needs the absolute minimum rating of 70 per cent for passage. The latter calls for showing acceptable minimum skills in following skills:
• Forcible building egress while donned in full fire gear
• Research and rescue procedure simulation participation
• Ladder ascension dexterity and speed
• Proper using firefighting gear like axes and water hoses
Irrespective of firefighter training center and/or curriculum selected, all segments of subsequent FF-I and FF-I official certification examinations tend to be state-administered to make certain uniform assessment substance and integrity.
Unsuccessful FF-I and FF-II certification examinees may consequently retake written and/or practical skills testing.
Fire department-specific needs:
Numerous smaller municipal Public protection departments need firefighters to serve double duty as cops or supply Emergency healthcare providers. These types of locales need specific police force education or Medical First Responder, Paramedic, or EMT-B licensure besides FF-I/FF-II official certification. Besides, volunteer firefighter applicants must undergo at the least 66 hours of class training besides any readily available on-the-job useful education.
For further information about the newest academic and certification demands for Michigan firefighters, contact the OFFT straight at:
Bureau of Fire Services/OFFT
525 W. Allegan St, 4th Flooring
Those attempting to discover more about how to become a firefighter in Michigan must also visit OFFT’s formal website at Michigan.gov. Featured content includes FF-I and FF-II certification exam outlines, approved training curriculum contact data, alongside helpful content.