How to become a Firefighter in Georgia?
The process of getting a firefighter might appear overwhelming initially: kit, the physical requirements, working out. However, in the event that you break up the process into actions, this area becomes less daunting plus accessible to those who find themselves dedicated to getting a public servant.
- Complete a medical launch kind. Insurance firms a medical affidavit completed by the examining physician, you will end up certified as toned to begin training.
- Become CPR certified. Make sure you bring your certificate to your first-day associated with Basic Firefighter Training Course. Talk with the Red Cross discover an exercise course in your area.
- Finish the nationwide Incident control System (NIMS) 700 and 100 classes. Before graduating from the Basic Firefighter training program, you have to successfully complete these on line education segments. The 700 plus the 100 are available on line at national Emergency control Institute.
- Fill out student consent forms and register. After completing the necessary kinds through the Georgia Public Safety Training Center, you’ll be called on the best way to complete the enrollment process. Pay your university fees and you’ll be ready to go!
- Complete the program! At the end of this course, you’ll have the choice to make the Firefighter I skills test. If you go, you’ll have actually State certificates as a Firefighter. This official certification is not required within the pass/fail of training program, but it is an alternative.