Charleston South Carolina Fire Department
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -
Several city and county governments tend to be providing sandbags as Matthew continues its trek north.
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley declared circumstances of disaster Tuesday mid-day, calling for coastal evacuations prior to the dangerous hurricane possibly making landfall in the coastline of Sc later on this week.
Possible effects when it comes to Lowcountry include hurricane-force winds regarding shore, significant browse and coastline erosion, storm surges of three to five foot and four to eight inches of rain. Power outages may expected as early as Friday mid-day.
At the time of very early Wednesday early morning, this is what some Lowcountry city and county officials say about sandbags you might protect your home with:
Berkeley County is dispersing sandbags at following locations:
- Berkeley County Rescue Squad, 202 Factory Street, Moncks Corner
- Bonneau Fire Division, 420 Municipal Lane, Bonneau
- C & B Fire Department, 509 Royle Road, Ladson
- Caromi Fire Department, 554 College Park Road, Ladson
- City of Hanahan, Yeamans Hall and Robinson, Hanahan
- Cordesville Fire Division, 1931 Highway 402, Moncks Corner
- Cross-fire Division, 1007 Short-cut Path, Cross
- Forty-One Fire Department, 1192 Forty One Path, Bonneau
- Huger Remote Fire Division, 1004 United Drive, Huger
- Lake Moultrie Fire Department, 942 Black Oak Road, Bonneau
- Macedonia Fire Division, 2108 North Highway 17A, Bonneau
- Town of Moncks Corner Fire Division, 118 Carolina Avenue, Moncks Corner
- Whitesville Fire Division, 115 Sunview Avenue, Moncks Corner
City of Charleston
"After circulating 15, 500 sandbags—a record quantity of sandbags for one event—at four split areas, the town discontinued sandbag functions. Purchasing sandbags, residents should get in touch with a local home equipment store."
City of Folly Beach
- "Please want to secure sandbags through personal sources, but there may be restricted sandbags readily available through Town of James Islandr at 1433 Patterson Avenue on James Island; the City has actually required additional resources from County and can publicize information when they come to be available."
Isle of Palms
- Sandbags supplies remain offered by the Municipal parking area on Pavilion Drive.
- " Please intend to secure sandbags through exclusive resources, but there could be limited sandbags available through the Town of James Islandr at 1433 Patterson Avenue on James Island; the City has actually requested extra resources through the County and can publicize information when they come to be readily available.