How to become a Volunteer Firefighter in California?
Types for Application:
- Verify you have actually meet with the certification tips:Volunteer Fire Fighter -
Fire Fighter I -
Fire Fighter II -
OR Refer to the SFT Procedures guide (ver. 2008) p. 90.
- Complete the (Scantron) Application form:
- Complete all bubble parts & be sure to bubble the box the official certification amount you might be requesting (Vol. FF, FF I, FF II)
- Signed because of the Fire Chief or an official signatory & list the Fire Agency. If it's a CAL FIRE company then additionally list your device.[Note: You may make an application for several certifications on top of that by distributing another Scantron per official certification degree and establishing the correct check field on the application.]
- Print the Certification Fee Plan form. See link above.
- I. By Mail:
- Complete Scantron application and Certification Fee Plan.
- Publish Examine or Cash Purchase made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training”.
- Mail to: the address noted on the official certification Fee ScheduleNote: Processing might take as much as 6 days.
- Bring completed Scantron and Certification Fee Plan.
- Check/Money purchase made out to “CAL Fire –State Fire Training” or precise money (we can not make change)
*sorry we don't take Credit/Debit cards.
Note: you might fall off your application packet when, however, if you want to get your certification that time, then arranging an appointment is the best solution to ensure that your certificate may be processed. Call to schedule a consultation.
OTHER INFORMATION:Fire Fighter (2001) Your Retirement
The Fire Fighter (2001) curriculum and certification has been retired and replaced by Fire Fighter (2013) which can be based upon the existing NFPA requirements 1001, 1051 and 472. To learn more about the newest Fire Fighter go directly to the Fire Fighter (2013) webpage. For anyone currently purchased the existing Fire Fighter (2001) curriculum, an implementation plan happens to be intended to explain the program and official certification stage completely dates. This implementation program can be found on the Fire Fighter (2013) webpage or follow this link.
SFT now offers reciprocity for IFSAC and/or Pro Board Fire Fighter I certifications given by another condition or through Department of Defense. Details about reciprocity or you would like to update your Ca Fire Fighter We (2001 edition or newer) certification is available on the Fire Fighter I Reciprocity webpage.
Student Instruction Records
Note: These training forms can be imprinted and fond of your Fire Chief for report on qualifications.
It's not essential to change these directly into State Fire Training
Duplicate Fire Fighter Certification
To request a Duplicate Fire Fighter Certificate total and distribute the official certification Fee Schedule (see type above) & distribute with check or money purchase toward address noted on the shape. Processing time can take up to 6 months.
Interested in finding a certified Regional Training Program (ARTP) or Accredited Local Academy (ALA)? To consult with our Accredited Academies webpage click the link.
FIRE DEPT SUGGESTIONS:
Reordering Fire Fighter (Scantron) Applications
Fire Fighter Scantron applications is requested via email to the current SFT contact individual (detailed towards the top of these pages). Departments ought to request a tiny supply so the Training Officer features all of them available as needed. Your demand must integrate your name, shipping/mailing target, together with volume requested.
Update the Authorized Fire Chief database
To successfully get a Ca OSFM firefighter certification, the Fire Chief or signatory for detailed agency should be authorized and currently placed in the Authorized Chief database before submitting the FF Scantron application.
- I. By Mail: