How to Volunteer at Fire Department?
Needs for Volunteers
The Hope Mills Fire Department is classified as a “combination” department therefore element of our employees tend to be career staff and also the other part is volunteers. Those interested in volunteering tend to be certainly welcomed, nevertheless you need to be alert to here requirements:
- You truly must be 18 years of age with a high college diploma or GED.
- You really must be interviewed and recommended because of the department’s assessment board.
- You need to pass a criminal background and driver's license check.
- You need to pass medication screening.
- You really need to have trustworthy transport.
- You must complete a 90-day probationary training packet.
- You have to keep 240 hours of education annually. (Exception: armed forces deployments)
- You need to live in a geographical area that might be favorable to a volunteer response.
- You must attend required Tuesday Night training, unless attending various other fire solution training.