Monroe Volunteer Fire Department
Chartered in 1949, the Monroe Township Volunteer Fire Company no. 1 went between 30-50 phone calls annually, being mostly brush fires. The three bay firehouse had been built because of the members in 1950. As years went by, the populace grew, with it the call amount. Two various other fire businesses surfaced to help protect the growing township. These were Applegarth Fire Business and Central Monroe Fire Division. Searching for independence from other fire companies, the companies petitioned the township to create individual fire districts. The township agreed to the demand and Monroe ended up being separated into three separate fire areas. Monroe 1 would protect Fire District no. 1, Applegarth ended up being assigned District #2, and District number 3 was handed to Central Monroe Fire Department.
Monroe Township Volunteer Fire Company #1 (Fire District#1) Station51 (Middlesex County), or Monroe 1, proudly safeguards over 17000 people surviving in a location of 14 square miles. The business runs four trucks off just one place and safeguards a primarily domestic location, with a moment place under development. Our division is a public department whoever users are on a variety of compensated and volunteer condition.
The Monroe Township Volunteer Fire Company no. 1 presently works about 800 phone calls annually, with a declining few brush fires, and a number of other telephone calls including framework fires, vehicle fires, automobile extrication, and restricted space relief.
Monroe Township Volunteer Fire business # 1 is aimed at providing the greatest amount of service for the neighborhood. We are in addition dedicated to handling the wants and desires of citizens inside our neighborhood, when you look at the areas of prevention, suppression, and effective minimization of fires along with other hazardous situations, in the scope of resources provided.