Greenwood Volunteer Fire Department
The Greenwood Fire Department (GFD) is made from forty-three (43) full-time employees and eighty (80) part-time workers. GFD protects a 25-square-mile response location that has a permanent resident population of more than 50, 000.
Greenwood has a daily visitor populace of over 50, 000 people because of the large retail occupancy focus associated with city, including Indiana’s next biggest encased mall. GFD provides fire, explosion, relief, EMS and dangerous product reaction the jurisdiction and assists on a regular basis with five (5) primary mutual help fire departments.
It is the goal regarding the Greenwood Fire Department – through fire suppression, disaster medical services, unique operations, tragedy preparedness, fire avoidance, and community education – to preserve the life and home of all of the just who live in and visit the City of Greenwood.
Enhance solution delivery through training, instruction, forward planning and physical fitness. Be ready for the long term development of the City of Greenwood, and advance the client service relationship with all the people we provide.
- Honor -Be honest and fair within our discourse and exemplary within our deportment.
- Integrity -Adherence to moral and moral axioms by our words and activities.
- Pride -Take satisfaction in representing the Department and each other.
- Courage -Stand in the face of fear or risk without hesitation.
- Provider -Be steadfast in satisfying the needs of all just who we serve.