What you need to become a Fireman?
Information about skills, disqualifications and available registration.
Getting a Fire Fighter
To make use of in order to become a firefighter when it comes to Albuquerque Fire division, candidates MUST meet all the following requirements:
- Needs to be at the least 21 old because of the end associated with the Open Enrollment duration
- Need a High School Diploma or GED
- Should be an usa Citizen or Legal citizen
- Must possess a valid drivers permit (from condition candidates must get a unique Mexico driver's license within thirty days to be hired)
- Ownership of, or have the ability to acquire a valid Class E New Mexico driver's license by graduation from academy
- Must have a current State or National Registry Emergency healthcare Technician (EMT) permit at fundamental level or more by the close of this Open Enrollment duration.
Those who effectively pass the written entry examination, Pack Test, Candidate Physical potential Test (CPAT), and structured dental interview are eligible for selection because of the Fire Chief. If chosen, people must after that pass a background research and health check.
- If applicants aren't New Mexico licensed but they are nationwide signed up EMTs and/or Paramedics and they are chosen as cadets, they'll certainly be expected to finish the reciprocity procedure and acquire circumstances of New Mexico EMT permit by graduation through the academy.
How to Employ: Open Enrollment
As a convenience, you can easily sign up to be informed whenever Open Enrollment will occur.
Sign up for Open Enrollment notification.
The Open Enrollment duration will likely be announced when you look at the Albuquerque Journal Sunday version within the classified adverts area before and during Open Enrollment period.
The Albuquerque Fire Departments best asset is its staff, whether consistent or civil staff, as well as in order to reach your goals, it is important that people employ the absolute most qualified/suitable applicants we can find for place of cadet-firefighter and other critical support positions.
AFD has a responsibility to our neighborhood to maintain a powerful and self-disciplined staff that reflects the diverse personality of your community. Our success is dependent on administering a hiring process that reflects large business standards, has a high standard of expert stability, and it is missing of governmental impacts.
The Albuquerque Fire division members concentrate on providing total quality solution to enhance the life of the inside our neighborhood. We will save yourself life, protect residential property in addition to environment with increased exposure of firefighter safety and success.