Springfield Volunteer Fire Department
If you are about 18 yrs . old and prepared to provide your other citizens as a firefighter, disaster medical supplier or in an administrative capacity, the Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire division is seeking you. From college students to life-long Springfield residents and retirees, if you the full time to devote towards community we'd like to perhaps you have.
The first application procedure includes a back ground check and often takes between 4 to 6 days. During the delay, brand new users ought to be involved in other division tasks. Additionally, initial endorsement for membership is provided within 2-3 weeks and allows a part to start particular training. Brand new working people are required to full instruction provided by the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. Instruction includes Emergency healthcare Technician, Firefighter I/II, and dangerous Materials - functions amount to name a few.People have to engage about 20 hours each month.
There are many possibilities for development and duty on both the working and FireCorps (administrative) side of the department.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
The GSVFD features a few quantities of membership that may squeeze into almost any person's desires and abilities: firefighting and/or disaster medical or non-operational. Whether you want to be regarding the front side outlines or perhaps helping completely with Bingo, we've got the opportunity obtainable. All training and gear are supplied. Seriously up!
EMT (EMS Just)
Fundraising / Bingo
Article & Newsletter Authors
Marketing & Promotions
and more !
Besides becoming a member of one quite modern, well-organized and one quite famous and respected volunteer fire divisions in nation, there are several benefits to being a volunteer in the better Springfield VFD. Among them:
Free learning firefighting, crisis medicine and associated courses
income tax BREAK - individual Property Tax exemption for one vehicle (Fairfax County residents just).
Sense of dedication to community and dealing within a group
A great many other benefits.just ask any of our people!
HOW TO START OFF
Therefore now you have decided you want to be a volunteer firefighter or already are and want to join the GSVFD - what do you do? Well, if you're in your area decide to try stopping by our firehouse at 7011 Backlick path on following nights during a prospective new member direction session.
These month-to-month information sessions that are designed to present an idea on what it will require become a volunteer with this division.
The program consist of several quick movies (which are in addition published right here on our web site) and an overview regarding the instruction included. They usually final about one hour. We shall in addition respond to any questions you've probably.
Here are some future times when it comes to new member group meetings. Only pick one and come on down seriously to the place (once you knock on the doorway, tell anyone who answers you will be truth be told there for volunteer prospective people meeting in upstairs class room). If you can not make any of these times simply e-mail us back (fill in the shape below) and inform us.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE POTENTIAL ASSOCIATE MEETING
Once you arrive at the potential members conference, be sure to make sure to deliver the following products:
1) backup of one's present record from the DMV (Virginia and just about every other condition in which you held a license in)
2) report on three (3) present refrences, including Name, Address, Phone number
3) Copy of present federal government issued ID (such as valid drivers license, military ID)
4) If underneath 18 (Junior Member), you must be associated with a moms and dad or legal guardianGroup meetings are held as mentioned on our Calendar inside our Upstairs Classroom
- See our on the web Calendar
Operational users - Time & Training obligations:
- Each volunteer must engage about 20 hours/month (adjusted quarterly).
- Must work 1 Bingo every 30 days.
- Must attend the monthy business meeting (third Monday for the thirty days).
- Approx 5.5 months of training one which just be and EMT
- Another six months to achieve FireFighter standing (or even EMS only).
- On-going annual refresher instruction.
FireCorps people (Administrative) - Time & Training commitments:
- Each volunteer must participate at least 20 hours/month (adjusted quarterly).
- Must just work at least 1 Bingo every 30 days (being meet with the time requirements, a couple of bingos per month is normally favored).