McLean Volunteer Fire Department
Thank you for your fascination with the McLean Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD). Our division has an extended reputation for providing high quality fire, rescue, and disaster medical solutions and life safety training towards McLean community in partnership with the Fairfax County Fire and save Department and we have actually a fantastic number of volunteers.
MVFD ended up being incorporated in 1923 with over nine years for continuous solution on residents of McLean. We have 50 plus volunteers whom add significantly more than 12, 000 hours of solution annual toward neighborhood. We work alongside 45 career staffed assigned to MVFD. The section works over 7000 phone calls a year. We have been a four function station with an engine, tower ladder, heavy rescue and medic ambulance. We now have two reserve device and a classic engine that serves as Santa’s sleigh through the holiday season.
You do not need having any earlier crisis health Service (EMS) or fire training in order to become listed on. The training given by Fairfax County is world-class, but needs an important financial investment period and energy during evenings and weekends to successfully complete. We're currently seeking functional members. We have a need for administrative people with background/experience in grant-writing, fundraising, and development.Before you apply, kindly go to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue division Recruitment part ‘s webpage (include link) and carefully review the qualifications needs, the program process, in addition to time dedication which will be considerable.
Kindly also review the menu of requirements/expectations below. Is considered for account you need to satisfy manage to fulfill all the below needs. Sadly we cannot accept people who will be only in the area for a brief period of time (less than three successive many years) as a result of time, energy, and financial investment needed to come to be a competent functional volunteer:
- Be a U.S. resident or existing appropriate citizen with at the very least a couple of years of U.S residency
- Be 18 years or older
- Manage to volunteer for three successive many years from the time you join MVFD
- Manage to effectively pass a back ground investigation
- Have actually a legitimate U.S. driver’s license
- Offer a copy of the record
- Take and pass annual medicine examination
- Simply take and pass a yearly Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department bodily
- Volunteer at least 20 hours per month/240 hours each year, including conclusion of mandatory refresher/recertification instruction.
- This doesn't are the interval training for EMT-B and fire fighter certification
- Attend monthly membership group meetings at MVFD station the third Monday of the month at 1900 hours (people must attend 6 of 12 per year)
- Attend 3 of 5 all fingers occasions on weekends throughout every season