Huntingtown Volunteer Fire Department
1) What is the contact number towards place? (410) 535-3331
2) what's the street address associated with section? 4030 Old Town Road; Huntingtown MD, 20639
3) what's the mailing target for the station? P.O. Container 482; Huntingtown MD, 20639 or P.O. Container 987; Huntingtown MD, 20639 (for donations as well as the yearly classic corvette contest)
4) What amount of paid Firefighters and/or EMT's work at the Huntingtown VFD? not one. Calvert County could be the ONLY county left inside condition of Maryland that's shielded by 100% Volunteers.
5) As an all volunteer county, how many times can you are not able to respond on an emergency telephone call? The Huntingtown VFD has not "scratched" (did not react) on a call since May 2007.
6) How many calls annually does your department react to? In 2013, the Huntingtown VFD taken care of immediately 2, 401 emergency calls. The departments in Calvert County taken care of immediately a total of 19, 304 crisis calls in 2013.
7) Exactly what are the eligibilty requirements to join the department as a part? Anybody 16 years and older is eligibile for membership. A cadet is the one from the centuries of 14 or 15 that is enthusiastic about becoming a member of the division when they reach age 16.
8) Where do we collect a software to participate the division? You'll drop by the place and pick one up or click on this link: Membership Application. When you have filled the application away, bring it back into the place and drop off to any user. They will leave it in the Membership Committee's mailbox. The Membership Committee Chairperson will get in touch with you within a few days.
9) Exactly what are the requirements once we registered as a member? Once your application is turned-in, you will definitely "tabled" for a time period of thirty days within next business meeting. These meetings take place the very first Thursday of every month at 8 pm. Through your thirty day tabling period, it's important that you come round the place therefore the account becomes knowledgeable about you. During the after that company conference (after your one month tabling period), the membership will vote on you getting a probationary member. When voted to the department, you will offer a 1-year probationary period. During this period duration, you have to finish Firefighter I or the Emergency healthcare Technician (EMT) course.
10) What occurs when I finish my probationary period? At the end of your 1-year probationary period, the membership will vote on you once again. If you're beneath the age 18 yrs . old, they're going to vote on you becoming a junior member. If you should be avove the age of 18 yrs old, you are voted on getting an energetic Senior associate. As an Active Senior Member, you hold a vote during all business conferences. To stay an energetic Senior associate, you must attend 6 business conferences annually (12 conferences occur annually), attend 6 drills (approximately 40-50 drills happen a-year), react to 100 crisis calls per year (in 2013, we responded to 2, 401 telephone calls) otherwise participate on a duty crew and complete 50 collateral hours a-year.
11) aside from the disaster calls, what happens on a daily basis inside of the division? Our membership remains really busy! Typically Monday's tend to be set aside for different meetings that leadership of division attends in an area, county or state-wide level. Every Wednesday at 7 pm, Bingo is held when you look at the Hall at Huntingtown (2nd floor of this place) and is operate by the members. Every Thursday at 7:30 pm (apart from the business conference which can be held at 8 pm on the first Thursday associated with month), the users "drill" (in-house instruction). The 2nd Thursday regarding the thirty days is a Fire exercise. Another Thursday for the thirty days is an EMS exercise and a Rescue drill is held the 4th Thursday of the month.
12) simply how much will it cost us to become trained as a Firefighter or EMT? nothing! It concerns you at no-cost. In addition to the Firefighter I and EMT training, there are a huge selection of courses it is possible to simply take and start to become certified in, 100% free! Most these courses are eligibile for college credits towards your Fire Science level! Education is provided through University of Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute (MFRI),
13) What are the benefits to joining the department? Calvert County takes pleasure in benefits that are offered to your Volunteer Firefighters & EMT's. It is one of the reasons we have been really the only county left in the declare that is 100per cent Volunteer. Department's in the united states have actually attempted to model our system!
Go through the following benefits for more information:
- High-school Recruit plan (in a single 12 months, people in highschool complete EMT, Firefighter I, Firefighter II, Rescue Technician, dangerous Materials Operations, Engine business Operations, Truck business Operations, Building Construction classes and nationwide Incident control System (NIMS) education
- Discounted life insurance coverage: The Maryland State Firemen's Association (MSFA) provides discounted life insurance and financial planning services because of its users.